Evidence from Space of a Young Earth
There are a number of factors from space that limit the age of the universe or earth to within a few thousand years. Though it cannot be scientifically proven exactly when the universe was created, its age can be shown to NOT be billions of years.
- The shrinking sun limits the earth-sun relationship to fewer than billions of years. The sun is losing both mass and diameter. Changing the mass would upset the fine gravitational balance that keeps the earth at just the right distance for life to survive (1, p. 169; 2, p. 30; 4, pp. 56-63; 5, p. 26; 6, p. 43; 7; 11, p.34-35 ).
- The 1⁄2 inch layer of cosmic dust on the moon indicates the moon has not been accumulating dust for billions of years (2, p. 26; 3, p. 22; 4, p. 15; 6, p. 35; 7; 9, p. 25; 11, pp. 33, 80). NOTE: Insufficient evidence to be positive
- The existence of short-period comets indicates the universe is less than billions of years old (2, p. 31; 3, p. 27; 4, p. 35; 6, p. 37; 11, p.29;12, p.22).
- Fossil meteorites are very rare in layers other than the top layers of the earth. This indicates that the layers were not exposed for millions of years as is currently being taught in school textbooks (4, p. 26; 11, pp. 27, 67).
- The moon is receding from the earth a few inches each year. Billions of years ago the moon would have been so close that the tides would have been much higher, eroding the continents quickly (3, p. 25; 6, p. 43; 7; 11, p. 33).
- The moon contains considerable quantities of U-236 and Th- 230, both short-lived isotopes that would have been long gone if the moon were billions of years old (8, p. 177; see also 4, p. 51 & 11, p. 28 for information on rock “flow”).
- The existence of great quantities of space dust, which by the Poynting-Robertson effect would have been vacuumed out of our solar system in a few thousand years, indicates the solar system is young (3, p. 29; 6, p.44; 11, p. 33, 80; 12, pp.87-88).
- At the rate many star clusters are expanding, they could not have been traveling for billions of years (3, p. 29; 4, pp. 30 and 59; 6, p. 44; 11, p. 82).
- Saturn’s rings are still unstable, indicating they are not billions of years old (4, p. 45; 7; 11, p.22-23).
- Jupiter and Saturn are cooling off rather rapidly. They are losing heat twice as fast as they gain it from the sun. They cannot be billions of years old (5, p. 26; 4, p. 43).
- Jupiter’s moon, Io, is losing matter to Jupiter. It cannot be billions of years old (4, p. 3; 7;11, p. 23).
- Jupiter’s moon, Ganymede has a strong magnetic field (7).
Among other factors to consider is that all the ancient astronomers from 2,000 years ago recorded that Sirius was a red star—today it is a white dwarf. Obviously, the view of modern astronomy text- books that billions of years are required for a star to “evolve” from a red giant to a white dwarf needs to be restudied (4, p.7).
- Morris, Henry M. Scientific Creationism. El Cajon, Calif.: Master Books, April 1985.
- McLean, G. S.; McLean, Larry; Oakland, Roger. The Bible: Key to Understanding the Early Earth. Oklahoma City, Okla.: Southwest Radio Church, 1987.
- Huse, Scott M. The Collapse of Evolution. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House, 1983.
- Ackerman, Paul D. It’s a Young World After All. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House, 1986.
- Blick, Edward F. A Scientific Analysis of Genesis. Oklahoma City, Okla.: Hearthstone Publ. Ltd., 1991.
- Petersen, Dennis R. Unlocking the Mysteries of Creation. South Lake Tahoe, Cal.: Christian Equippers, Int., 2002.
- Hovind, Kent E. Creation Seminar, Parts 1-7.
- Wysong, R. L. The Creation- Evolution Controversy. Midland, Mich.: Inquiry Press, 1976.
- Baker, Sylvia. Bone of Contention. Sunnybank, Queensland, Australia: Creation Science Foundation Ltd., 1990.
- Moore, John N. Questions and Answers on Creation- Evolution. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House, 1977.
- Brown, Walt. In the Beginning. Phoenix, Ariz.: Center for Scientific Creation, 2001.
- Morris, John D. The Young Earth. Green Forest, Ariz.: Master Books, 1994.
Age of the EarthApologeticsAstronomyAtheismCreationdaysDinosaursEducationEvangelismEvolutionFlood & GeologyFossils & Ancient ManGarden of EdenGod & the BibleHebrewHistoryQuestion & AnswerRadiometric DatingReligion & PhilosophySocial Issues